Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm at peace

I am surprisingly at peace with the Sox. It really is a successful season when you make the playoffs and the Yankees don't!!

That would have been good enough.

It's amazing to demolish the best team in baseball on the way to the World Series (the team everyone expects to WIN the World Series).

That was enough!

They didn't QUITE make it to the World Series this year...but they came CLOSE! I only missed one game...and wouldn't you know it was a doozy! The Sox down 7-0 in the 6th inning (losing this game would lose the series with Tampa Bay ahead 3-1), but, NOOOO, my Sox won't go down without a fight! They come back to win the game 7-8!! They win the next game as well which ties the series to 3-3. The last game decides who goes to the World Series and they lost in extra innings. What a fight! And what a great season.

on a funny note for either Sox or Yankee fans...we went to Scheel's yesterday (FUN store!), and they had a rack of gear. Half was Red Sox and half was Yankees. Hmmmm...who put THAT together??!

OKAY...for all of my non-baseball friends (do I have many pro-baseball friends?!), I'm done for the season. Maybe I can put up a cute background now...although I did like the Sox one!

4 comments:

Lindy Lewis said...

I am so sorry about your sox!! I have to say I admire your love for them. I think it's great to be so into a sports team. I am not a real baseball fan, but I like to watch the world series once in a while. Scheels is great isn't it, I just might go back tomorrow!!:)

nevadanista said...

I was thinking about you through 'til the last game. I'm glad you've been able to let it go ;-) I don't follow sports much at the moment, but I've definitely been emotionally invested in teams before, so I feel your pain.

Glad you're back to blogging :)

Jenn G. said...

I'm glad to see you came to terms with the Sox and changed your blog background to a more festive mode...I'm baseball clueless! :-)

Jenn G. said...

How do you tell a male palm tree?