What a riot to read Candy's first installment of 100 things...I'll take you up on it and post my own 100 things that you may have known and many you didn't know and even some you wish you NEVER knew about me!
1. I LOVE the Red Sox (did anyone guess that??) I really enjoy watching baseball...all 3-4 hours of the game.
2. I have naturally curly hair, although I didn't know how to get past the kinky and into the curly stage until after I was married and my niece Melise (who inherited a much better version of my hair) taught me how. In fact I got perms in high school.
3. I HATE to sweat.
4. I have lived in 4 states (MO, UT, MA, & NV), my brother Larry could add WY, NC, NE & MI to the list (minus MA & NV).
5. Speaking of my brother Larry...he is almost 18 years older than me and used to drive a motorcycle wearing a helmet with horns on it (I'm not sure if he always wore that helmet or if I just think he did because we have a picture of it).
6. I love classic movies (and we're not talking what AMC considers classic these days!!!), with people like Lana Turner, Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, DORIS DAY, Sandra Dee...oh I could go on and on!
7. I love murder mystery shows...I don't know what this tidbit will do to you, but, my favorite tv show is Murder, She Wrote (seriously!).
8. My brother Ross (6 1/2 years older & my closest sibling in age) used go pick me up Chinese food from Formosa and drive it all the way out to my high school for me. Thanks Ross!!
9. I hate when people say "En-sun" instead of "En-sign" (If you look at an Ensign from 15 years ago it has a part in the front that says "pronounced en sign NOT en sun" and then all of a sudden it switched to "pronounced en sign OR en sun"...how could they do this to me????
10. I have been put "out" with anesthesia 6 times in my life.
11. I have 5 kids and have never had an epidural (I'm scared of the needle going into my spine during the middle of a contraction...formula for something going WRONG!)
12. I love to cook.
13. I love to play games (and Mike...I don't make you count up the points any more when I stomp on you to see just how bad I stomped on you...in fact I rarely even KEEP score anymore!)
14. When I was in high school there was a freshman who died every year but my senior year...we totally thought we were cursed!
15. When I was in middle school I got sent to the office & almost sent home because I was wearing bermuda shorts to school...I had been out of town and my friends said they were letting us wear shorts on friday...very funny "friends."
16. In high school I was voted "best dressed" (now THAT one had some of your mouths drop!).
17. My favorite vacations as a kid was going to my aunt's ranch in WY and spending a week riding horses. MY horse was Thunder & I LOVED her so much!!
18. My internal wires are crossed and I cry when I laugh.
19. My vision is about 20/900 (last time I got it checked...I need a new prescription since having Chloe).
20. When I was a kid I had a problem with stinky feet (due to cheap man-made shoes...once I found leather I was a different person!)
21. I went to D.C. 4 times in middle school and high school. One time we went after my mom died & my dad had a work conference there and he let us run free around the city...can you IMAGINE letting your 5th grader loose in a strange city with no cell phone?????
22. My mom was diagnosed with cancer when I was 2 or 3, then went into remission for a while and died when I was in 5th grade.
23. My sister is perfect...ask anyone who knows her!! (and we totally don't hate her for it either...I love her to death...she's always been the pretty one too!)
24. My son is a lot like my brother Ross...it's a total crack-up!
25. I have a school picture where we forgot it was picture day & the outfit is awful & the hair is TOTALLY bed head!!!
26. I hate cleaning, but love a clean house...what a cruel world!
27. I love watching tv...have loved it alll my life (remember when MTV first came out & they played videos all the time??!! Remember when they had the world premiere of Michael Jackson's "Thriller"???)
28. I like to type.
29. I have blue eyes
30. I never thought I would have girls (and Katie...secretly I really like it!)
31. I love to scrapbook and make homemade cards
32. I like to read.
33. I love things that are homemade.
34. I love meeting new people (I hate to physically move...but love the adventure of moving).
35. I have a bachelors degree in History.
36. I'm a true Aggie.
37. I used to work as a car hop at a drive-in (no roller skates though)
38. I once dabbled in some modeling when a guy approached me at the mall.
39. I was on the debate team in high school (no good at it but wanted to go on trips with the team)
40. My sister and I are very small chested and we want to know what happened to the gene pool??????
41. I went down the stairs in my walker as a baby (still have the scar on my head).
42. I used to run into walls...ask Scott he LOVES that one!!
43. We used to go camping and my friends and I would stand on the picnic tables and do cheers (you know...open up the barn doors, kick out the hay, we're the girls from the US of A)
44. I used to pretend to have my own cooking show and make some cookies or something. I would talk to the camera and everything!
45. I'm horrible at getting my haircut and tend to do it about once a year.
46. I used to cut my own bangs to make it inbetween cuts & one time I cut them so short they were only about 1/2 an inch long!!! And crooked too!!!!
47. I was in 4-H as a kid (cooking, sewing...mmm can't remember what else).
48. I put my kids through a spanking machine on their birthdays.
49. I was in the DECA club in high school (Distributive Education Clubs of America), and was the VP over something or other. The best part of this was the Fashion Show part...we would compete in malls & WON every time!
50. I always wanted to be in the marching band like my brother Ross...the competitions were the funnest things EVER!
51. I used to go to Ogden with my mom for her chemotherapy appointments and sit and wait in the hospital for hours.
52. One time my mom was in the hospital in SLC (I think...or was it Provo??) and Barney Clark was there (first artificial heart recipient), and they were doing press conferences there and everything.
53. I didn't want to go to my senior prom, but had to.
54. I had Elvis & Bon Jovi posters in my room growing up.
55. When Scott and I first got married we wore the same size of clothes & didn't have any money so we would just share them.
56. My cousin used to always sing, "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?" And my other cousin would sing, "My names not Lisa, my name is Julie...Lisa left you years ago" (two songs on the radio when I was a kid).
57. The cousin that sang the Lisa song would always call me Lisa.
58. I don't remember a time EVER in my life that my dad has called me Julie on the first try. (I'm usually Shelley and Shelley is usually Julie)
59. Now my sister calls her daughter Katie "Julie" and Katie's husband "Scott"...we're flattered I hope Katie & Doug aren't too offended!
60. I sometimes call Austin or Scott "Ross."
61. I love office supplies.
62. I love modern-vintage (is there such a thing??).
63. My second toes are longer than my big toes.
64. I took many years of French and can barely count to ten!!
65. One of my friends moved to Egypt in 6th grade and would come home in the summer and teach me all of the arabic swear words.
66. I am an Olympic-Junkie...LOVE them!!
67. I inherited my dad's out of control bushy eyebrows (what will be next...out the nose and ears?!).
68. My husband travels all over the world and I really don't have any desires to do it myself...I've said no on MANY occasions. Maybe it will change when the kids are grown.
69. I have a MILLION projects I want to do and I'm sitting here thinking of 100 different things about me (typical).
70. I am completely uncoordinated & can't dance.
71. I love Outback Steakhouse
72. I remember when cartoons were only on Saturday mornings.
73. I love to eat.
74. Why do I still have zits???
75. I love Harry Potter...can't wait for the next movie!
76. If I were still in middle school or high school I would TOTALLY have Zac Ephron's poster all over my room!! (LOL)
77. I broke both of my thumbs on two different skiing trips.
78. I hate skiing.
79. I took piano lessons for many years and can barely play!
80. I love the winter...you know the kind where there is snow and not just ugly dead trees and lawns!
81. I hate beans...and wished that I liked them because they are so healthy!
82. I love having a garden & especially fresh tomatoes...YUM!
83. My baby looks just like me...I always wonder if I acted like her too.
84. Every seat in my mini-van is full.
85. I make my bed every day (can you believe it mom?!)
86. My dad remarried 6 months after my mom died (as per her request) and she has been my mom longer than my birth mom.
87. I once had a guy ask me in D.C. if my dad was a polygamist and I told him YES! My friend about died with me...and then I said, "Well, my mom died and then he remarried and he is still sealed to both of them...so yes I guess he is!" LOL we walked away giggling pretty hard!
88. My grandma lived in a tiny town (blink and you'll miss it...and I LOVED it!) and they had one general store & one time she sent Austin the exact same birthday card two years in a row...I thought it was so funny! I mean they probably didn't have a very large variety at the Merc! And would normally never know, but I kept them for his scrapbook.
89. I love getting my back tickled.
90. I love when my two youngest girls give each other hugs...cutest thing EVER!
91. My brother used to give me fake Chinese-Water-Torture...and he loved to pin me down and threaten to spit a loogie on me...it would start to drip out of his mouth and then he'd suck it back in just in time.
92. I hate cheating.
93. I loved playing basketball as a kid.
94. We had one of the first microwaves in the neighborhood and my friend and I used to melt a plate of cheese or cook a potato and think it was the coolest thing!
95. My friend had a VCR before anyone & we thought it was way cool.
96. I always had the best reports in elementary school because my dad would take me up to his office and type it for me on the computer and then copy pictures to put in it...I totally ROCKED!
97. I still love and prefer Word Perfect.
98. Some day I want to learn how to use Photoshop & learn how to do digital scrapbooking.
99. I have only dyed my hair once and it was when I was in high school...I wanted it really dark like my mom's was...it went black.
100. Some day I want to ride in a limo, get a pedicure, get a massage, fly first class...
8 months ago








6 comments:
Some of these I knew, but lots I didn't...#44 cracked me up. I knew you liked to cook and you're a great cook, but the cooking show? That's hilarious. You could have started foodnetwork.
I love WordPerfect too!!!
yeah, that is funny about the cooking show. lots of funny things. Thanks so much for doing this, it was fun to read more about you. Very entertaining!
Wow i just got to know a lot more about you!!!! I love Utah so much it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I just love it! Thank you for the comment about my hair! Number 100 sounds just fantastic, if you ever come to utah lets set that up!!!
Ha ha! You make me laugh. "Scott" and I aren't offended, it is still that way! I don't agree to them all though, especially the ones where you are so hard on yourself!
Wow, there's a lot I didn't know about you...now that I do, I still think you're the greatest...even now, the bestest. :-)
Post a Comment