I've been feeling a little sick lately. And then something happened today that made me want to call in sick!
It SNOWED!!!! Okay...so this isn't a picture of Ferntucky...but it does represent why I'm so sick. I am HOMESICK!!! I LOVE the snow! I'm not into the snow sports...but I LOVE the snow. This picture is from my home town on a very good year. (My Logan friends...can you tell it is a parking lot by campus?)
This is my valley. I am going to drive into that valley next week and it thrills me every time I meet this picture!
I am so excited to turn my oven on today and cook a turkey for no good reason (how beautiful is it that I don't have to worry about the oven heating up the house...that's an added bonus!). I am so excited that my heater is on. I love the smell of the first use of the heater...you know the musty/dusty smell of something that hasn't been used in many months?! (I'm weird that way...it is smellin' good to me right now...a side effect of homesickness, like how cow manure smelled so good when I would go home to visit in the summers from Boston) And for my Boston friends...it's the same wonderful feeling as the hiss and rattling of the radiators for the first time of the year.
It is a sign...a sign that winter is here. I love winter! I love to curl up with some hot cocoa and a blanket with the kiddos and watch a good movie (I hope Austin's soccer game is canceled so that we can do it tonight!!!)
I miss driving through the canyon (after the snow plows have been through of course!) and seeing everything in a blanket of snow...there is nothing more beautiful to me (I think it's even more beautiful than the fall foliage or the spring flowers).
Editor's note: My baby is standing in the windowsill right now very distressed about the white stuff falling on the garden. Keep it coming baby!!!
(Now if the Sox win tonight...what a perfect day that would be!)
8 months ago








3 comments:
That photograph of "your valley" is beautiful! I love the Logan temple and that photograph is breathtaking.
My husband hates that heater smell, but I really love it, too!
Sorry about your Red Sox! I thought of you last night.
Post a Comment