Saturday, October 4, 2008

#2 . . . adieu

Game #2 recap...

I love my Red Sox! I know each and every player (well...except for some of the new pitchers that rarely play...but, some day I'll know them too!) I'm always sad when one of them gets traded.

Good-bye Johnny Damon...but, SERIOUSLY the Yankees??!!

Good-bye Manny Ramirez...I'll really miss you and the sense of excitement that came as you stepped to the plate (I won't miss the 'tude), but we'll be okay without you.

Manny left...and in return we now have Jason Bay. Way to BE Bay!!!! He hit yet another homerun last night which brought in 3 runs. Dice-K pitched a great game (minus the bit of trouble in the 5th inning).

At the end of the 4th the score is 5-2. In the 5th & 7th inning the Angels score runs and bring the score to 5-4. On to the 8th inning and the Angels FINALLY get more than a base hit with a lead-off triple...and then my man Papelbon steps up to the mound.



This guy is SOOOO much fun to watch!! Especially when playing at home and so the cameras/announcers are pro-Sox and they eat up the drama that is Papelbon. He SERIOUSLY gives this stare-down with EVERY SINGLE PITCH!!! At away games they just show the back of his head, but, when home...they zoom in on his face and you feel the fear that those batters must surely feel!!! This dude ROCKS as a closer!!! He ended the 8th inning allowing only the one run on 3rd (really ALMOST impossible to not allow that run...possible but really TOUGH).

Now we are tied up 5-5 and the Angels fans are going NUTS! 9th inning Cocoa Crisp (seriously his name...and I can't believe that all of the hair is gone!) gets on base & steals 2nd base (although the announcers don't think it was a good call...I beg to differ). JD Drew steps up to bat & smacks a homerun with an injured back.

We go in to the bottom half of the 9th inning now 7-5 (much better), and Papelbon does his job and finishes the game with a King Kong beating of his chest to boot.

*SIGH* Sleep well Red Sox Nation

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Hurray for our beloved Red Sox! Papelbon rocks.

nevadanista said...

Cocoa Crisp is the best name ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!