Christmas morning came a little later than I had anticipated.
I had planned on getting up at 4am . . . but Chloe began the night before sick and I was stressed out wondering if we should cancel our trip or go ahead with it.
At any rate . . . around 6am the kiddos got up and we started opening presents.
Austin got a bunch of snowboarding stuff.
He knew most of what he was getting and this shirt may have been the only surprise.
Chloe took a while getting herself awake enough to figure out what was going on,
but once she did she made quick work of the wrapping paper!
That was mostly all that she got . . . but, I don't think she cared!
(I did make her something else that I'll have to take a picture of and post.)
She and Chloe got a few "twin" items that they can play with together.
She even inherited an extra pair of pajamas this year because the ones for Joslyn were too small.
She got a new bike as well (it's still sitting in the box in the kitchen!).
After the gifts were opened, Chloe's temperature read normal,
we announced to go pack your bags because we're heading to Utah!!
(Okay so I had already packed the little girls bags and mine and Scotts as well.
Austin had found out about the trip and had packed his bag,
so it was just the two older girls that had to pack)
A surprise trip is the BEST!!
Just in case things don't work out . . . there's no whining to deal with!
There's no "how many days?" being asked every 5 minutes either!!








1 comments:
we have 2 little girls who get the same things much of the time too so they can play together. I'm just glad they really do like the same things!
Your surprise trip sounds AWESOME. My kids would love that. We'll have to spring that on them one of these years when we have the FF miles to take off as a family.
Post a Comment