Sunday, December 14, 2008

Crackin' some Nuts

Joslyn and Drew were in the Nutcracker a week ago. Drew had quit ballet and a few months before the Nutcracker she decided that she wanted to do dance again so that she could be in the Nutcracker. Their teacher (Miss Mary . . . aka Sister Noriega--Ellie's teacher in Primary) puts the whole production on. Last year was the first year and I spent a few days with Miss Mary painting backdrops (which THANKFULLY weren't destroyed in the flood since her basement had been 6 feet under water/mud/murk) . . . it was fun seeing the backdrops again! This year I was a slug and didn't help with ANYTHING . . . I'm so sorry Miss Mary!! I got sick on the day that I was going to help with the Dragon head. Although once I saw it I was sure glad because it never would have been as cute with me helping!



So here are some pics and a little video of the girls.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

tell Miss Mary that those are the classiest costumes I've seen for girls' ballet. I'm thoroughly impressed!

Jenn G. said...

Cute photos! Now I don't have to take my daughters to the Nutcracker....they watched your version. Ho, ho,ho!

nevadanista said...

Way cute!

Adalia said...

hey, Pat and Todd were in Blanding, My sister married a Shumway and Pat is his Aunt, they blessed their baby and Pat came to the blessing, and she asked about you guys. I also talked to Todd on the phone, he called about hunting.

from Nate.

Candy said...

oh you are such a good mom to have your kids in ballet! oh crap! ( I say that too) I need to get my girls in something, I know they are little, but I feel like I need to do more.
Your girls looked great! And very fancy costumes indeed!

Erin Gelmstedt said...

Oh I missed the Nutcraker???? SAD!