This summer has been so busy! Thursday was the icing on the cake!
We began by having dentist appointments for Drew & Ellie (remember the cavities?!) at 8:30 in the morning (which means that we have to be ready to leave by 7:30 in the morning since it is in Reno), and we decided to all go out for breakfast together before school starts up next week so we left by 7:00! We arrived at the dentist RIGHT on time and Austin decided that he wasn't feeling so well so he would sit out in the fresh air for a bit.
A little into the appointment Austin came in & whispered that he threw up...GREAT! By the end of our visit he did one more time...carsickness is now ruled out.
On the flip side I overheard the office people saying things like, "she's sooo good...she's just sitting there!" And after Ellie was all done the dentist came out and raved about how good she was and that she just sat there for the whole thing...yay Ellie!! Drew did well too...it's just more amazing for a 4 year old to be that good on the first cavity. I hope her next one goes as well...NOW she knows what is going on!
Well we couldn't just drive home because it was the last day of the Stuff n Save sale at Old Navy & we really hadn't done a lot of back to school shopping. So we ran up there and shopped as quickly as we could with Austin in the car resting with the windows down (that is a whole other story that we won't get into). We got home with enough time to hurry and get the kids ready for their dress rehearsal for Peter Pan...Austin was a little stressed that he wasn't going, but he was fine because he knew his parts really well.
While they were at rehearsal I got a call from a friend and found out that all of the patio furniture at Lowe's was half off...RUNNNNN!!!! I was so excited...they even had almost all of the things I needed! I got home in time to go pick the kids up and do my share of carpool and then get everyone ready for soccer. (I'll post some pics & maybe even the play later)
Joslyn & Ellie both had practice (hurray...Ellie actually played and had fun for once!), and Austin had his first game. He was feeling good by now and would not hear of missing a game! So we got him good and hydrated before he went and made sure that he let his coach know what was going on (and instructions to not BREATH on or TOUCH ANYONE!). They slaughtered the other team in our non-competitive league (hehe)...and he had an awesome goal that I missed seeing while I was at Ellie's practice.
I left the game a little early and ran over to the church where I gave a little mini-lesson at Enrichment on (get this) Time Management! (haha...I'm late for EVERYTHING!).
We didn't bother with the back to school waterslide activity at the high school for Austin (wasn't time even if he did feel up to it!), skipped the meet your teacher night at Drew's school (she did 3rd grade math last year and had this teacher so she already knows her & loves her), and we just couldn't make it to Ellie's meet the teacher night at her pre-school (that's okay too because we have to go some other time anyways and teach her what to do for her diabetes). (This all fit in nicely to the lesson on the point of prioritizing!)
I'm amazed at how much nicer my schedule looks after school starts (usually that's when we REALLY get busy!)
BREATH...in...2...3...out...2...3
8 months ago








2 comments:
I am looking forward for the daily structure that comes with the school year. We start day after tomorrow....Yeah!
holy crap, you seriously are so busy. you are amazing. here I am slightly freaking that jacey is starting kindergarten tomorrow and I'm going to have to lug all three kids there to drop her off, and then it's back again a few hours later. OK, I do have a few other things going on in life besides that, but nothing like you. I would go crazy if my life was constantly like that. i need some scheduled time and some down time.
best of luck to you this school year you taxi cab driver!
Post a Comment