We had a fun day yesterday and took the kids to Wild Island. For the past two years the JDRF has taken all of the kids with Type I diabetes and their families to Wild Island and fed us and we got to meet other families doing the same things that we are. Last year we sat with everyone because the little girls didn't care much about swimming, but this year they liked to be by the kiddie pool and so we set up camp over there. A girl was behind us with a little boy close to Ellie's age who was freaking out on her boy and yelling at him to eat a snack because his numbers were way too low. I almost spoke up and I still feel guilty that I didn't. I think she was new to the whole thing because she made him eat A LOT and for their little bodies it doesn't take much to get their sugars back up. I remember feeling the same way that she was acting in the beginning...but things are much more low key now!
Ellie was out swimming for a while and Scott and I were sitting on the chairs watching. One time she came back to us and said, "Oh GROSS mom! There is some guy swimming over there and his butt crack is showing." (I'm sorry to those of you where "butt" is a naughty word...it's not for us when naming a part of the body). I was SOOOO thankful that she wasn't standing next to him pointing and yelling...so I was ALMOST red in the face...well maybe I really WAS red in the face from laughing so hard!
8 months ago








2 comments:
I love your Red Sox background! So fun. I was cracking up at this post because it's something I can hear several of my kids say in public. More often it's, "Why is that man not wearing a shirt! Gross! That isn't modest." Yes, they completely embarrass us, but they can be hilarious all the same. Thanks for the laugh.
Oh, and that's fine with me about adding our blog to your list. I'm going to add yours to my google reader. I just don't have a list on our blog b/c some of our friends/ family didn't want to be listed.
I'll check in often. It's great to get back in touch!
That is too funny! Oh...cute hair cut. And I still am baffled everytime I look at your blog and see how old your kids are. Gosh...they should all be really young still! Time flies!
Post a Comment