Friday, November 7, 2008

When You're Old

Ever since Drew taught herself to read and write she has been writing stories of all kinds, dreaming of publishing. She will make up songs writing down the lyrics with many "oh"s and "ah"s added. Last year she discovered Shel Silverstein and has a new passion for writing poems. They rarely make a LOT of sense...but they ALWAYS rhyme!

Yesterday she came home from school and had written a poem on the bus that totally cracked me up and I find it quite publishable.

When Your Old
by Drew Bassett

When your old,
You are bold.

When your old,
You don't fold.

When your old,
You will scold.

When your old,
You feel cold.

When your old,
You don't need to be told.

When your old,
You smell like mold.

(published as written...spelling & punctuation)

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Thank you so much, Drew, for a much needed laugh!!! I love the poem, and can relate a little too well:)

nevadanista said...

That's AWESOME!

She's a regular Ira Gerschwin :)

Jenn G. said...

What wisdom....I think I do all except smell like mold...well, I'll ask my family. :-)