Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Am . . . Tagged!

My friend Allison (I love Facebook for bringing me back in touch with my long-lost friends!) tagged me. It was a difficult tag for me because she has such a way with words and witt. For those of you that I tag it won't be that difficult because I'm just not that creative or inspirational.

I am: crazy, sincere, a hard worker, devoted, a mother, a wife, a child, a sister, an aunt (one of my favorites)...


I think: about how life will be when my kids are grown and off with their own families...will they come and visit me??


I know: that when I flip the light switch the light will come on because we paid the bills & the light bulbs just got changed. (in today's economy that's a good feeling!!)


I want: to travel with my husband AFTER the kids are gone.


I dislike: people cheating in Pictionary!


I miss: playing Pictionary. (although not as much as my family and the snow)


I fear: death...although only in the sense that I die when my kids are young.


I feel: happy, content, at peace.


I hear: my kids playing with each other (aka music to my ears)


I smell: breakfast.


I cry: when I laugh...crossed wires.


I usually: never cry when I'm upset or sad...when I do than my family knows that I'm SERIOUS!


I search: the internet often for all different kinds of information & Facebook for long lost friends.


I wonder: why people don't always do what they say they will do??? And why did someone decide that brown and black don't match...I mean who was the first person to decide what colors look good together??


I regret: not spending enough time with my kids teaching them EVERYTHING...I doubt I'm alone in this one which gives me hope.


I love: how beautiful everything is after a big snowfall.


I care: if I offend someone...but I rarely get offended & so I don't really notice if I offend someone.


I always: try to do what I say I will do & I always try to pull my fair share of things.


I worry: about my kids CONSTANTLY.


I am not: a very good teacher...it's just not my forte.


I remember: a LOT of things!! Even from when I was like 4 years old! If I know you than I probably remember really silly things about you. My family always claims that I make things up because they never remember any of it...I'm NOT making it up!


I believe: that I can handle anything that happens to me in this life.


I dance: in my dreams because I am really uncoordinated & can't dance.


I sing: alto, but learned soprano & am just now trying to train myself to pick out the harmony because I just can't reach those high notes!


I don't always: do or say the right thing because I usually say what is on my mind & do what I want to.


I argue: to make my point understood...I don't always have to do it my way, but I want them to know WHY I am thinking that way.


I write: about my family & the silly thoughts I often have.


I win: arm wrestles with Austin (at least this week), but


I lose: races with Austin.


I wish: that I lived near my family again.


I listen: to all kinds of music...seriously ALL kinds!


I don't understand: Trigonometry & advanced physics...it's just beyond me!


I can usually be found: with my kids at home (at least that's where I prefer to be).


I am afraid: of snakes...I'm improving though...I used to freeze up and not be able to turn the page of a book with a picture of a snake on it. (That snake scene on the recent Indiana Jones movie about sent me through the ROOF!!!!)


I need: to read my scriptures more.


I forget: to stop and smell the roses often enough.


I am happy: REALLY...I AM HAPPY!





And so I am.

I tag Erin Gelmstedt (because you really need a new post!), The Crazy Clean Freak & Candy because you guys crack me up on these kinds of things!

5 comments:

Jenn G. said...

Is this your ploy to make me continue my clean freak blog????
You are a great teacher.....I remember your YW lessons!You're the most creative person I know!!!

nevadanista said...

I'm so offended I that I don't rank with cjane and nie nie. Oh, and brown and black don't match ;-)

I believe you can handle anything that happens to you in this life too :)

Annie Jane said...

You have a wonderful blog, Julie. It has been forever since I visited! I loved your Christmas decorations and all the tags you have been doing. I liked the kids favorite traditions a lot. Those striped pajamas are awesome!
Anyway, I will have to check back more often!

Erin Gelmstedt said...

I'm gunna have to agree with the black and brown rule set forth by society.

Adalia said...

I love your blog- you keep me entertained. Its been awhile so hey we should get together and chat!