Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wiped out from our VACATION!!

We had a fun and VERY busy week in Utah. I don't think we could have fit one more thing into our schedule. We're finding the ability to run away for weeks at a time very difficult now that the kids are older and involved in more things, so I see this busy schedule being the "norm" for our future.



Scott had to fly out for a couple of days in the middle of the trip and so I took the kids and we dropped him off in SLC at the airport and we went to visit some friends we had in Boston. Ilsun and I were in the Primary Presidency together and I just loved her and have been trying to find her for years and finally found her on a wild google search a few months ago. The picture of us together in the slideshow is kind of funny because we took it right before the kids and I left (so like 10:00pm) and we had been in and out of the heat and fought with a grill amidst a lot of steam/smoke so do you love the frizzy hair and blotchy/greasy skin?! bleah...why does Ilsun look so good???? NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

After leaving Ilsun's we drove down to Ross & Jodi's house and spent the night and then Jodi and I took the kids to SLC and walked around Temple Square. I used to love doing that! We all really liked it...just wish it hadn't been quite so hot. Someday I'll figure out how to do video's and put one in of Chloe being a pill at one of the exhibits. We then took Jodi & the kids and showed them one of Scott and my favorite used bookstores (we have to go there every time we're in SLC...I just wish that we had more time!! And less kids...it's like a china store I swear!!) After riding the Trax with some VERY interesting/intoxicated people we arrived back at our cars and pulled up to the airport just as Scott stepped up to the curb.

We spent the next day with Shelley and her family and played a fun game of Katie's (Settler's), and Shelley made dinner for the "picky" family (okay now I need some of my current friends to PLEASE defend me here...do you think I am the pickiest eater around????????) That night, quite by chance, we wound up at an awesome spot for the fireworks, Scott's aunt Vickie. (Logan does them on Friday night...not necessarily the 4th) We could see into the stadium and everything and the commute home was a breeze for both of us which was key.

Friday was spent at my brother Larry's house for a 4th of July party. It was so much fun!! I think I could get used to living on the beach...even in the winter! Thanks you guys for all of the work you did...we all had an awesome time! The kids went a little overboard on the 4 wheelers (better than they would have without the 5 minute lecture they got before we arrived I'm sure!), playing at the beach, horseshoes, volleyball, EATING, and best of all catching up with everyone.

Saturday we went to Brigham City and spent the day with Scott's family. Scott's little brother had a new baby, Zuri, and my little girls LOVED her! At first Chloe couldn't believe that she was real and kept touching her and holding her hand. Later when I hold her she decided that she didn't like her mom holding someone else's baby.

Sunday we split ways in the morning and Scott took all of the kids except Chloe out to visit his dad and I took Chloe to sacrament meeting and then we all met up at my parents for dinner. Later that day we went to a park and Scott's brother Tony came with his family and we hung out and chatted for a while.

Monday morning we got up and headed for home and it is now Thursday and I now feel like we're unpacked and back to regular life.

Thanks to all of our family! Our kids had a blast and of course I hear on a daily basis how they miss Utah so much and why can't we move there?!

0 comments: