Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yes...it's true!!! Post #2!!



We had what seemed like an eventful week . . . at least I felt busy! Austin finished track for the year and is going in for a physical so that he can do spring training for soccer at the high school. He's not too sad to have the running come to an end . . . but he is AWFULLY proud of the tan he now has (I keep reminding him that it doesn't look so beautiful when the shirt comes off!! HAHA)




Our butterflies hatched and we took them outside and set them free. We decided that it was for their own safety with Chloe around. Austin, Joslyn, Drew and I each got to hold one. Ellie didn't want to and we figured Chloe would mangle one if she got the chance. We will definitely be doing this on an annual basis! Especially when the catepillars get in "packages!"


My birthday was tuesday and I went to lunch with some friends and then we all ran my errands together and then I came home to clean the house and the big kids all went to the church for Activity Days and Scouts. My present came the next day . . . a wheat grinder!! It's been too hot to test out so I'm excited for some cooler weather to have some fun with it.


Ellie had her birthday on Saturday. She was so excited!! She has been asking for a "rainbow thing" forever and hoped that she would get it on her birthday. That night I asked her if she had a good birthday and she gave me a big hug and said, "thank you SOO much for all of my presents mom!" The next day we went to work and my "boss" Shelly asked her if she was 4 now and she said, "well I was on my birthday . . . but I don't know how old I am now." haha!
We have TCM free this month on our Dish and I am exposing the kids to my favorite old movies. In fact at this very moment we are watcing "Rear Window" . . . can you ASK for anything more?! True to form Drew is enjoying them. Actually we have ALL been enjoying them.
Scott finished up his last term of his first year teaching and it didn't come a day too soon! I think he's really looking forward to having a break teaching.
Ellie has been talking/questioning getting married and having babies lately and decided that she was going to marry Austin because he's the nicest boy. This was a few weeks ago. Now a couple of days ago there was a conversation that went like this:
Ellie: When is Drew going to have a baby?
Mom: Not for a looooong time! Not until after she's married.
Ellie to Drew: Drew you better find someone GOOD to marry because I'M going to marry Austin.
Austin hadn't heard that she had decided to marry him so he thought it was pretty funny.
Well here's to you and yours!
Love: Scott Julie, Austin, Joslyn, Drew, Ellie & Chloe

0 comments: