Monday, October 5, 2009

Not ME!!!!

I have been very worried about something for the past couple of years . . . but, I think I will be okay now!!


I can't tell you how many time I caught myself on my way to give Chloe shots. It has just seemed so natural to me now to give babies/toddlers shots (not other people's . . . just my own). I always caught myself, but was so worried when I did . . . thinking that I might slip up one of these days and really give her a shot! I've even gone so far as to have her lie down . . . which she willingly did!! (sometimes she asks me to check her like I do Ellie, and has even asked for a shot a few times)


Yesterday I got the morning shots ready and started heading for Chloe instead of Ellie. You know when you are working on auto-pilot and you don't really hear what people are saying?? Well after about the third time Chloe's voice FINALLY penetrated my auto-pilot and I heard "nooo, not ME!!!"


At last, she can talk, she can tell me NOT ME & then I can shake off the zombie feeling and realize that I'm heading to the WRONG kid for a shot!

2 comments:

Jenn G. said...

How scary! Do you need to label the girls?! Ha!

Erin Gelmstedt said...

If you do. Just give her peanut butter... I've done it out of pure curiosity.