Scott & I have been fairly lucky . . . we've always looked so much younger than we are (okay except in high school I didn't look like I was 12 or anything . . . I must have looked older then . . . otherwise there were some sicko guys asking me out & since I still know most of my boyfriends & they weren't sickos, I'm stickin' with my story!)
I used to get all kinds of looks when I lived in Boston . . . you know toting two kids around and pregnant with a third & they all thought I was 18! MANY times I heard, "OHHH God bless ya!" One time our friend took us along to the House of Blues for dinner & a concert. There were about 6 of us and after dinner (I never knew mashed potatoes could be yummy enough to NOT have gravy . . . oh believe me they can at the House of Blues!), we all went upstairs for the concert & I was at the back of the line. They let everyone in front of us in and then they made me go back downstairs and outside to get carded so that I could get back in . . . hmmm no one else had been stamped, but I was the only one sent back! I think I was 28 at the time & pregnant (not planning on drinking even if I did do that!). Scott has often been mistaken for a grad student instead of a professor. My latest was going to the temple with a friend & pregnant with my 5th child & one of the ladies thought I was there with the Young Women doing baptisms for the dead . . . let that sink in for a minute . . . pregnant . . . young woman . . . temple.
I haven't looked at our wedding pictures for ages & in fact the last time I really did I was shocked by how much we still looked the same!
Well friends . . . the time has come! I took a peek the other day with my friend Karen & we are lookin' MUCH MUCH older!

(see . . . I'm right . . . I don't look 12 there & I was 19)
I think I'm feeling MUCH MUCH older as well now that my oldest started high school this year . . . can that be possible?! Even crazier . . . in a couple of months my man and I will have been an item for 20 years! (and WOW do I still dig him?!) Next summer is my 20 year high school reunion (crAzy!).
(another thought . . . it isn't fair that men look better when they get older!)








12 comments:
You two look like your modeling in that photo;) That's a big anniversary coming up...congrats!!!
That's a great picture of you two! You are still as beautiful as you were way back then! I never think you are that much older than me...that's the great thing about friendship!
I LOVE that wedding announcement! You guys look like you are on the cover of a movie or something. And I love the early 90's theme! You guys really ARE lucky. you do have young faces. I don't. Do you want to hear something funny? I am nearly halfway between your and Austin's age!
oh you young farts are so nice to me!!!
You just need to come to Utah so that people can ask you if your older sister is your mom again!! If it makes you feel better, I had three people at work yesterday shocked that I was 22 because they would have bet their left leg that I was AT LEAST 27!
FUNNY!!
I have never had a young face, although, when I look back I certainly looked young! I'm going to have to blog-lift that I idea. So fun!
I still remember that wedding announcement...so cute! Yep, guys get to look "distinguished" and we just get to look old, maybe becuase we are more tired than they are!
Yee Ha, Julie! That is a cute announcement. You look like you're in an 80's catalougue for western wear. :-)
You still look young!
What? You do not look older! That pic is great - looks like a classic 80's movie poster. You're still as beautiful :)
wow! That is so great! what a fun photo to see of you two, and you look fantastic!
The whole aging thing is just weird - and I think it's against me!
Who ever said 12 hit the nail on the head. Sorry Julie.
Post a Comment